Advanced Shield Technology
Shield Technology enforces system integrity and proactively protects systems against malicious software. When deployed on supported Windows or Red Hat Linux platforms, The Shield technology blocks malware infection in a simple but effective way.
- Proven to protect web servers against many hackers’ attacks
- Non-signature based
- Defeats zero day and targeted attacks
- Enforces system and file integrity
- Protects against known & unknown security threats
- Denies any unauthorised modifications to the system
- Prevents web defacement and malware insertion thus effectively neutralizing any hacking activity
- Provides protection for Legacy equipment for which updates, and security patches and Anti-virus may no longer be available (Win NT4, XP)
- A credible technical defence for real time, process control and safety-critical systems and SCADA environments
- Allows updates to Windows and other applications but blocks the portions of those updates that include unnecessary items, allowing a significant boost in Windows performance
- Backdoor or rootkit approach cannot be used and cannot bypass Shield Technology control even with the highest level of computer system privilege.
Central Management Console (CMC)
The CMC is the monitoring and management tool for the Shield Technology. It is a web-based application with a combination of functionality such as:
- Log collection, log analysis, log query (report),
- Real time monitoring and management.
- With the CMC, authorised IT administrators can easily view real-time log information showing the status of Shield Technology clients, security trends, security alarms; and
- Can interrogate the Shield Technology operating parameters as well as system and hardware information.
- Stops all attempts to write known and unknown malware to the permanent storage of the device
- Protects real-time, safety-critical and SCADA devices
- Low maintenance, virtually fit-and-forget solution
- Near zero performance hit (imperceptible)
- There is no additional demand on RAM and almost no CPU overhead because the software is less than 100 Kbytes in size and implemented at the file system level or zero ring (Kernel Level).
- Shield Technology does not use signatures so there is no need for constant updates to add newly discovered attacks and no threat of being the Zero-Day victim.
- No Block-listing or Allow-listing hash databases are maintained and Shield Technology is not reputation or heuristics based.
- Does not use a “File Integrity Monitoring” model that simply notifies of a breach; and
- Does not rely on Threat Intelligence feeds requiring additional subscription fees.